Sunday 10 February 2013

Evaluation Question 3: What have you learned from your audience feedback?

During the project audience feedback was an important aspect of how I created my media products. It was important that I was creating final products that suited the target audience so that they liked it and were encouraged to buy the album being promoted. My research needed to use Qualitative data (data not in numeric form) which meant I would have to ask my target audience for their ideas and feedback. Questionnaires would not be suitable for my research throughout this project as I needed to collect opinions inorder for me to reflect on my work.

I used two main methods of gathering audience feedback. A social networking site called Facebook was a succesfull way for gathering feedback on my products and video as I created a discussion group allowing my audience to express what they thought about the work I produced. For my print products to receive, audience feedback I created a Facebook page, where I would upload selections of filters and fonts, then ask the audience to choose which one they felt was the best for my work. I also uploaded my different drafts to the page and asked them what changed they feel I should make, then changed them dependant on what they recommended. It was extremely beneficial to use the audience feedback as they helped me tailor my work to suit them, that way I knew what I created would be well received by the audience.  It was also useful to have a second opinion on my work as they helped identify problems I may not have noticed on my own.  Receiving feedback allowed me to reflect on my work and allow my products to suit my target audience.

The second was to ask the audience specific questions in person about their personal choices, regarding the different aspects of our music video that we had already created. At the beginning of creating our music video we asked the audience about whether they liked our music video concept and the ideas we had regarding what we were to create. This was asked during the pitch for the music video, where we recorded the responses of the audience and made necessary changes to their recommendations.   After each rough cut we made we held the same audience feedback sessions where we asked the audience, again for their thoughts on what had been created and to suggest changes they felt needed to be made. We recorded their responses and made some more changes dependant on what they suggested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment